Wednesday 24 September 2014

Blake's Seven - "The Way Back" - WIP - Part Two

These days I always like to undercoat my models their main base colour so I can more easily visualise their final overall paint scheme. In addition I find it also allows me (at least) to see each sculpts details more easily than a black or white undercoat. As a result I’ve therefore treated these Freedom Fighter miniatures by “Crooked Dice Game Design Studio” to double layers of “Vallejo” Heavy Grey, Heavy Violet and Green Brown respectively. Once dry I tend to ‘dress’ my figures from the ground up, so have concentrated on their footwear and trousers for now.
As I plan to paint the ‘Jenna’ model all-purple, as the miniature appears to be based upon one of the outfits the character wore in the early part of the science fiction television series’ first season, I’ve made her boot somewhat darker than the rest by simply washing it in “Citadel” Badab Black as opposed to the purple wash I have planned for the rest of the figure. For ‘Blake’ and ‘Vila’, having simply applied some black to their boots and shoes, I’ve gone with a coat of “Vallejo” Heavy Bluegrey and Heavy Sienna for their trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment