Saturday 14 June 2014

Retained Knights - Part Three

These three 15mm "The Ion Age" miniatures from selection IAF008 Retained Knight Post Charlie actually caused me more work than I planned. For whilst painting their red hands I realised I'd actually failed to 'pick out' the grips to their Angis Rifles on the previous Prydian Army models I've painted. As a result I ended up repainting three of my previously finished Retained Knights.

The models were initially undercoated with "Vallejo" Heavy Blue before being washed with "Citadel" Nuln Oil. Their hands were then picked out with "Vallejo" Heavy Red, before these areas were treated to a glaze of "Citadel" Bloodletter. Finally the models' weapons were simply painted using the "Citadel" combination of Boltgun Metal with Nuln Oil.
 In order to give my 'Rogue Trader Era' Crimson Fist Space Marine force some additional heavy weapon firepower, I've now started painting a Retained Knight armed with an Anvil 888 launcher from the same selection, and plan to base him on a small "Battlefront Miniatures" stand alongside an Anvil loading model from code IAF001 Retained Knight Post Alpha.  
 
Finally I am close to completing my 28mm Judge Dekker model from the "Judge Dredd Miniatures Game". Having finally completed the eyes and face of this "Mongoose Publishing" miniature, I've simply got to finish washing the judge's lawgiver and 'tidy her up' with some more "Citadel" Abaddon Black before treating the model to a layer of Gloss Varnish. I've even made some headway on completing her base in order to 'get the figure on the tabletop' sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment