Sunday 18 December 2011

The Battle of Marengo Project - Part Three

Finished the first base of four French Fusiliers from the 28mm plastic boxed set ‘French Napoleonic Infantry 1804 – 1807’ by “Victrix”. I plan to field four such bases (amongst a mixture of Voltigeur, Command and Grenadier bases) to form a Line Infantry Battalion; and then field two such battalions along with one Light Infantry battalion in order to create a French infantry Brigade (having been inspired by the Army organisation structures found in "Napoleon At War" by "Man at War Miniature Games").

Painting is steadily progressing on a second base of Fusiliers, as well as the Command base; although my plans to have a drummer present alongside my standard bearers has fallen to the wayside, having spent a far portion of my time yesterday trying desperately to paint a drum and all its ropes etc. Instead each base will consist of an officer and two standard bearers instead.

COMING SOON - Despite my initial intentions to have this project be simply an all-infantry (and all "Victrix") affair, I've succumbed to the temptation that is "Perry Miniatures" and bought two boxes of their absolutely awesome "French Napoleonic Dragoons 1812-1815". I initially kidded myself that I was simply buying them in order to be to field a brigade of foot Dragoons. But having seen them in the flesh, the French will shortly be able to supported by a Heavy Cavalry Brigade consisting of one Dragoon Regiment (Elite Company with bearskins) and a second which can be fielded either as mounted or foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment